UNUserNotificationCenter and macOS

I'm using macOS Mojave and I switched from using NSUserNotification, which is now deprecated, to UNUserNotificationCenter. My app appears in System Preferences Notifications with a banner style selected (even though I specified it would use alerts via UNAuthorizationOptionAlert)

. Is the banner style always the default? I really want to start with an alerts style so the user can see the buttons that are available.

Here's the code I used but it doesn't seem to effect any change in System Preferences Notifications -- it's still a banner.

// 03-27-2019 commented. has absolutely no effect on the notification appearing
UNAuthorizationOptions options = UNAuthorizationOptionAlert | UNAuthorizationOptionSound | 
UNAuthorizationOptionBadge |  UNAuthorizationOptionProvidesAppNotificationSettings;
[[UNUserNotificationCenter currentNotificationCenter] requestAuthorizationWithOptions:options
                                                       completionHandler:^(BOOL granted, NSError * _Nullable error) {
                                                       if (!granted) {
                                                             NSLog(@"requestAuthorizationWithOptions: NO");
                                                       } else {
                                                             NSLog(@"requestAuthorizationWithOptions: YES");
                                                             [self createCategories];
                                                       }
                                                       }];

Replies

Contacted Apple Developer Support and I'm not doing anything wrong. Apple designed the notifications to be banners, even though I request alerts with UNAuthorizationOptions. So now I know.