What is the PKPaymentToken expiry time in Apple Pay?

Hi,

I need to implement recurring payment (subscription) using Apple Pay. Hence I need to know that is there any token expiry time for the transaction being authorized by Apple Pay, i.e. can we save that token on our backend servers to make recurring payments?

regards,

Serveshwar

Replies

AFAIK, the payment token doesn't have an expiration/date. It's just a hash of the c'card #.

About the recurring payment/subscription...is that for physical goods/services, or digital content?

We have the same issue. We already a have Apple Pay one-time payment implemented in our website. Now we want to extend this feature to do recurring payments with Apple Pay.

1) Can we use the same payment token we get on the first payment, save it in our database and use it for multiple transactions.
2) If 1) is doable, how do we change the amount to be charged if needed as the amount is embedded inside the token.

Also if 1) and 2) are not doable, what is the procedure to set up recurring payments with Apple Pay. Our payment gateway provider told that we can save the DPAN number from the first payment request and regenerate the payment token for doing recurring payments. Is this doable ?