Issue with Apple Pay Sandbox.

When attempting to use the wallet sandbox, merchant verification fails with the following exception:

> [curl] 35: error:14094414:SSL routines:ssl3_read_bytes:sslv3 alert certificate revoked

Which is odd, because the certificate is valid for another year. Additionally, when using a non sandbox card / device, merchant verification succeeds without issue. In an effort to correct the problem, I updated iOS (no luck), and created a new sandbox tester account (no luck). We're unable to test using the sandbox environment because merchant verification fails, but doesn't when using non sandbox device / wallet.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? How can we resolve it?

Replies

Since there has been no reply, I tried again. I deleted the 2 users from App Store Connect that were no longer working for the wallet sandbox, created a new sandbox test account for Apple Pay, attempted to sign that user into our QA device, and I'm not able to sign in because "The maximum number of free accounts have been activated on this iPhone".

We are in the loop with a few product managers and technical folks at Apple, should we just attempt to ask these people for support? Google isn't helpful, the docs leave a lot to be desired, there's no help here, this website instructs us to create a new account to solve issues:
https://developer.apple.com/apple-pay/sandbox-testing/
, but the only solution they provide is useless since the device won't allow us to sign in with a newly created sandbox tester account. Has anyone encountered issues with the Apple Pay sandbox? Should we ignore the sandbox environment and use actual payments to test?