Siri opening the app instead of siri interface(Intent UI)

I integrated custom siri Intent in our app but siri is not opening its interface instead it opens the app, I have followed everything as per the documentation. Please help me out.

Capabilities are enabled.

Defined Intents and responses as well.

When we recorded the phrase and when we speak to siri using the phrase, siri is just opening the app, It never uses the response which I defined in the Intents.intentdefinition file and also it never shows the siri interface(Intent UI).

I also followed various tutorials and everyone says there are seeing the intent UI and I followed the same but I couldn't, Am I missing anything?

I also looked into the discussion in https://forums.developer.apple.com/message/318150#318150, It doesn't help me out.

Xcode version : 10.1

iOS version : 12.1

Replies

Compare your project with the sample code project, and see what what's different between the two. If that doesn't help, please open a support request and include a new, focued Xcode project that demonstrates the integration you have done.

Disabling 'copy only when installing' under Embed App Extensions in main target build phases fix the issue for me.
Did you ever figure out what your issue was? I'm having a similar problem.

Oh my god I feel so dumb, but also slightly annoyed. I figured out the cause for my specific problem of the intents opening the application instead of running.

Overview of my situation / problem:
  • Simulator ran intents fine, no issues

• Device (iPhone SE2) opened the app on intent run.

Long story short, and after a couple days of literally trying everything I could, it ended up that my iPhone didn't have the latest iOS build (13.6.1) and was running 13.5.1. I was using the latest version of xcode for my build (Version 11.6 (11E708)).
After updating the iPhone, the intents ran fine. It appears the situation was caused for me by the specific iOS version or because the version of the iOS sdk I was using was newer than the iOS running on the device? Who knows. Glad it's fixed and I didn't have to give up my entire weekend. =)