I have a distribution question

I have been told by Apple that my situation does not qualify for App Store or Enterprise distribution scenarios.

So, what we would like to do is distribute this app as a custom business app. Knowing where we are in the process, which is, we have a formerly submitted app that has been rejected for the reason stated in their reply: "We found that your app is not appropriate for the App Store since it is designed specifically for W.E. Aubuchon Co., Inc." and following their advice: "It would be more appropriate to distribute and sell your app as a custom business app, directly to your business customers. "

I would like to ask if you can give us clear and defined the next steps to make our app available to our employees, for free. Can you include links to any pertinent documentation, that will lead us through this process step by step? Is there anywhere I can review the machines of this process? i.e, what is the user experience of our users/employees?

Also, is it absolutely necessary to use the Apple Business Manager to distribute our app as a custom business app, directly to your business customers? If not, what is the other methods available to us, and can you point us to pertinent documentation that will lead us through the process?

The public documentation on this is somewhat vague.

Replies

>I would like to ask if you can give us clear and defined the next steps to make our app available to our employees, for free.

As Apple hinted, there are no authorized app distribution methods that apply in that example.

Seems odd, tho, that you would ask about dist 'to our employees', and while asking about 'business customers'. You need to be more clear what it is you're actually trying to accomplish.

>The public documentation on this is somewhat vague.

Given that app distribution as a whole is non-trivial, I would argue just the opposite.