Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

Hi all,

We are a company that create publish hospitality apps on behalf of customers - we have a platform and CMS that a user can build their own app using our templates and then we submit on their behalf, using the customers own Developer Account.

This has been without issue for a couple of years until increasingly in the last few months we are getting rejections from Apple. These range from:
"Guideline 4.2.6 - Design - Commercialized Templates and App Generation Services"
"Guideline 4.2.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality (marketing led)"
to the latest today:

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

To help us proceed with the review of your app, please provide detailed information to the following questions. The more information you can provide upfront, the sooner we can complete your review.

- Are you the owner of "CUSTOMER APP"?

- If so, please provide documentation that shows ownership of the business or organization for which the app is designed. (Ex. Business Registration)

- Please note: Providing proof of rights for the 3rd party content within your app does not suffice.

Once you reply to this message in Resolution Center with the requested information, we can proceed with your review.

Best regards,

App Store Review

-

Is anyone else experiencing similar rejections recently? If so how are you getting past the "Template/Functionality" issues and the above one? (I appreciate I can just upload the required information, add more functionality etc I am just intrigued as to whether other people are noticing an upsurge in rejections - we've never had any problems)

Thanks!

Replies

Seems pushback is increasing...

What it means that the app Was not directly submitted by the owner?