Promo Code - Cannot connect to iTunes Store

This problem has been reported a few times over the years on this forum. In some cases, deleting a previous app version has fixed the problem. However, in our case a couple of the code recipients have used TestFlight beta releases and have several months' worth of data that they want to keep for use by the App Store release - so deleting the old version is not an option. Has anyone else faced this problem and found a solution?

I'm also aware that in recent days there have been other issues with connecting to the App Store, e.g. via IAP. Maybe this is the source of my problem?

Regards,

Michaela

Replies

OK, solved it on my own device. Code recipients who have used a previous app version under TestFlight need to delete TestFlight from their iOS device, but not (repeat, not) the previous version of the actual app. After redeeming the code the App Store version can be installed and all data are preserved (at least in the the way we've implemented the app - database in the documents directory).

UPDATE: one user is still reporting the same message (cannot connect...) after deleting TestFlight. Grrrrr......

UPDATE 2: the user's device is running iOS 12.1.4, mine's 12.2 beta (16E5223a). I wonder if this is an iOS issue?

Cheers,

Michaela