What it means that the app Was not directly submitted by the owner?

Hi to all Apple supporters,

I've got this rejection and need your help to understand it:

"Guideline 4.2.6 - Design - Commercialized Templates and App Generation Services

We noticed that your app appears to be created from an app generation service or a commercialized template, but it was not directly submitted by the owner or provider of the business, brand, or service."

The app is a radio app but has a lot of features such as social chat, youtube, polls, schedule, player, alarm and couple more

with an advanced backend.

so this app has been created through service but the app and backend are quite developed.

during 2017 and 2018 we didn't have any issues with Apple, but during 2019 Apple decided to insist that each content owner must have its own developer account and the app must be submitted to personal accounts.

that's what we did and requested all clients to open a personal developer account,

but even with this approach Apple still rejected the apps and insisted that the apps were not directly submitted by the owner.

so ok we decided to upload the app to client's developer account and talked the clients to click by themselves on submit button,

and still, the same rejection received.

Please explain to me what Apple wants?

I request the client to add my phone number as the verified number and submit the app to the developer account on behalf of the client.

why it's not allowed? or how it should work that Apple will agree?

why Apple trying to complicate life so much?? Do I need to request my clients to install Xcode? or maybe request them to finish a computer science degree?

any help will be gratefully accepted.

Replies

> each content owner must have its own developer account and the app must be submitted (through) personal accounts....but even with this approach Apple still rejected the apps and insisted that the apps were not directly submitted by the owner.

Have you appealed this rejection pointing put that the owner of the developer account is also the owner of the content?

Yes and Apple answerd that not the client submitted the app. Does someone know why it's important to Apple who submited the app on behalf of the developer? With this kind of approach Apple harm all small & medium businesses.

Not just your problem - see: Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

I also would like to know why this is an issue, we have the same issue with a taxi booking app, It would be nice if all end users were able to do this, we have quite a lot of customers who can't even use email so to get them to create a apple developer and upload a app is going to be a complete nightmare.

apple really could do with manually reviewing these cases to check out the intent of the developers, yep i hear theres a million clones of flappy birds. But some of us are genuine developers who are trying to make life easy for the iPhone customer. In our case we actually make a loss on each app we produce, if the customer doest take the free app its easyier for us, but we like all are customers to get the maximim out of our package. our market is budget companys so pricing is key, i do for see some companys back to "sorry we only have an android app" many will pay extra for an iphone app but the ones who are struggling (or cant get though the apple forms) might go this way

Hi

I am getting the same response from Apple over my app submission. I made my app using Appy Pie but I am the creator and am trying to submit MY app using MY Apple developer account - I don't understand why Apple keep coming back with this same rejection. I have had no such difficulties with Google Play - who have published my app already! Apple have also stated that my app must nbe rated as 17+ just because there are Youtube links in it - none of which are adult content - Google Play gave the same app a 3+ rating - suitable for all ages! Why are Apple being so difficult with everything? I hope you have had some joy with your application anyway. I'm seriously thinking of dropping Apple and their precious app store and go with Google Play and perhaps some smaller app stores. I've used Apple computers and iphones for years - but it seems more and more these days that Apple has become a bully and a tyrant. they could do with being knocked down a peg or two in my opinion.

You need to submit some paperwork to the App Review Board that proves that you are the content owner. Oftentimes, when you create your own Developer Account, you do it as an Individual and your name is shown as the owner of the account. Apple needs paperwork that shows your name and the name of the your app to prove that you own the rights to that name and content.

For more information and a list of acceptable documents, visit this Frequently Asked Question: https://www.bvmobileapps.com/support/apple-rejected-my-app-what-should-i-do/