CocoaHeads member - scholarship eligible?

Hello 🙂
I have a question regarding to scholarship application - does membership of CocoaHeads organization entitles to apply for WWDC scholarship?
In terms of STEM qualifications, this organization promotes learning science (technology) by organizing meetings, talks, and shares knowledge.

I graduated from university two months ago with a CS bachelor degree, and I will be pursuing a master degree from October. The problem is that the recruitment process starts in June, so now I am no enrolled in a university program. I thought that in current situation, I can use my CocoaHeads membership and apply as STEM organization member. Is it correct?
If you know the answer to my question, please share it, as I have not much time.
Thank you! 🙂

Accepted Reply

Hi Belaab,

Based on the site:

Be an active member of a STEM organization, which can be any organization with a membership program that teaches science, technology, engineering, or math outside of a regular school curriculum and is legally recognized as a nonprofit organization.

If CocoaHeads is a REGISTERED non-profit organization, maybe you can state that in your application with regards to STEM qualification.
PS not sure if my answer is correct. Btw, let me know if you got in under CocoaHeads! And good luck to your masters! 🙂

Replies

Hi Belaab,

Based on the site:

Be an active member of a STEM organization, which can be any organization with a membership program that teaches science, technology, engineering, or math outside of a regular school curriculum and is legally recognized as a nonprofit organization.

If CocoaHeads is a REGISTERED non-profit organization, maybe you can state that in your application with regards to STEM qualification.
PS not sure if my answer is correct. Btw, let me know if you got in under CocoaHeads! And good luck to your masters! 🙂