Custom app for 3rd party

Hello,

I have several apps live and have been contacted by a 3rd party comapny asking that I create a custom version of one of the apps for their organization. I've never done that before and am struggling trying to understand how the distribution process would work. I have read that I can help them creat an Enterprise Developer Account and then distribute the app through that. However, I am not planning on giveing them access to the code (since it will be a custom version of something that is currently for sale on the App Store).

My thought was to charge them development time for the custome work and then an annual fee for me to support and supply the app to them. Like a licensing set up.

Thoughts how I might accomplish this?

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Reply

Since no one with experience has answered yet, I'll give an opinion 🙂. I don't have any experience with App Store Connect and Apple Business Manager, but based on this page it looks like it is designed for your type of situation. Not sure if you would need an Apple Business Manager account yourself, although it might be useful just so you would be familiar with what your client will see/experience.

Replies

Does anyone think that using Apple Business Manager might work for this situation? If so, would I have my client enroll as a business in Apple Business Manager and then I would simply distribute my app through App Store Connect (itunesconnect) and only make available to thier specific business?

Do I, as the developer, need to me enrolled in Apple Business Manager for all of this to work?

Since no one with experience has answered yet, I'll give an opinion 🙂. I don't have any experience with App Store Connect and Apple Business Manager, but based on this page it looks like it is designed for your type of situation. Not sure if you would need an Apple Business Manager account yourself, although it might be useful just so you would be familiar with what your client will see/experience.