3 Replies
      Latest reply on Mar 20, 2019 9:20 PM by PBK
      Ahmed Mohiy Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

i am trying to test auto renew subscription in-app purchases, as we all knew that there is a major bug in sandbox environment. However i found out that i can test the auto renew by create a new testing account and subscribe for the first time then closes the app and open it again after 5 minutes (Monthly) there is a  password prompt pop up opens and this process happens for 5 times. But after a few days of testing the  password prompt pop up does not open again with a new testing account so i am stuck now and i can't test auto renew anymore. when i first time added the testing account the system ask me to verify my account in settings, i tried both ways to verify and not to verify but that didn't solve the problem.  so if anyone can help please let me know.

Thanks.

• Re: In-App purchases testing
          PBK Level 7 Level 7 (3,105 points)

You start off with "...as we all knew that there is a major bug in sandbox environment" - that is your first problem.  There are few bugs in the sandbox and they certainly are not major.  So, you are off to a problematic start in your post - irrelevant information and incorrect verb tense. 

With regards to a log in, there is only a log in required if the system believes the user logged off or stopped being the current user.  Have you logged off of the App Store?  I assume you realize that an autorenewable subscription will generate 5 renewals the first time that username makes that purchase.  Thereafter it will generate only 1 purchase and no renewal.  To continue testing the autorenew function you will need to use a different sandbox user.

KMT Level 9 Level 9 (13,915 points)

> as we all knew that there is a major bug in sandbox environment - after 5 minutes (Monthly) there is a  password prompt pop up opens and this process happens for 5 times. But after a few days of testing the  password prompt pop up does not open again with a new testing account

Sounds like a bug alright.

Be sure confirm by reporting it, adding your report #'s to your thread for reference.

Good luck.

PBK Level 7 Level 7 (3,105 points)

> as we all knew that there is a major bug in sandbox environment - after 5 minutes (Monthly) there is a  password prompt pop up opens and this process happens for 5 times. But after a few days of testing the  password prompt pop up does not open again with a new testing account

Sounds like a bug alright.

Huh?

For clarity - the "5 minutes (monthly)....5 times" is the documented correct behavior for an autorenewable subscription in the sandbox environment.  The "....password prompt pop up does not open again with a new testing account..." is internally confusing as a password prompt must open up if the former account logs off - a 'password prompt pop up' cannot be dependent on '...with a new testing account...' because the password prompt doesn't know whether a new or old account will be entered before it pops-up.