Certificate renewals - do I need to rebuild/resign/re-upload? What about APNS?

Hi,

My "dev" guys are no longer available, but I have xcode and everything set up on my mac, and Apple emailled me to say my certs are expiring. I see 2 in my keychain expiring in a few weeks:

"Developer ID Application: (my name)" and

"Developer ID Installer: (my name)"

I attempted to renew, but got lost in the options and fear of breaking stuff!

Can anyone explain in clearish language which cert(s) I need to buy/renew to keep my iOS and iPad app alive and in the store, plus, what (if anything) I need to do after renewing? (and, for that matter, is "renew" the correct term? It looks like I get a whole new cert, not actually renew one, right?)

Also, we use "push" notifications - I think this is a different cert, right? What about this one - I'm guessing I get a new cert, then upload it to my server originating the push notices, yes?

Thanks!

Replies

If your only concern is with apps already in the store, they won't expire. Your dev certs are only used to prove you are you when uploading for review. Apple re-signs them for store distribution.

If your Developer Program account expires, apps in the store will be removed from sale. Apps already installed on user's device will not be affected.