How to send my iSO app to friends

Hello all,

I work in my office and as a personal developer like to sometimes send my iOS apps for a number of my friends. I create iOS apps by QML coding and then using my Appale ID and "personal team" via Xcode on a macOS X install them on my iPhone.

Today, I wanted to archive and finally create the .ipa file of one of those apps, using Xcode -> Products -> Archive. And then whatever method of distributing I choose I get this error mesage:

Team "....(Personal Team)" is not enrolled in the Apple Developer Program.

When on developer.apple.com I sign in my account it says:

Purchase your membership.

To continue your enrollment, complete your purchase now.

And it can't apparently be canceled! 😟

I don't sell my apps and don't work for a company/organazation either. So why should I pay money still?

Can't I freely enroll my personal team and distribute my apps between friends for testing or etc?

Replies

>Can't I freely enroll my personal team and distribute my apps between friends for testing or etc?

Xcode's 'free provisioning' is for a device connected to your computer and toe-dipping, while you decide if you wish to commit to an enrolled full force paid account, which includes testflight and distribution to your 'friends'.

Otherwise, there is no authorized free willy scheme that allows distribution in the wild.

Note this seems off-topic for this forum.

If you need a refresher on the process, see this post for a previously moderated link: Xcode's Free Provisioning