Xcode 10 can't open workspace file

My Xcode 10 can't open workspace file, but it can load the project file.

I can see error from console logs:

10:09:38.285666 +0800 fileproviderd Unable to setup extension context - error: Couldn’t communicate with a helper application.

10:09:38.286052 +0800 fileproviderd [ERROR] Cannot provide item at /Users/nali/Documents/studyspace/XMIProjects/StreamingKit/StreamingKit.xcworkspace for extension com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider. Error: Error Domain=NSFileProviderInternalErrorDomain Code=7 "A connection to the extension “com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider” could not be made." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=A connection to the extension “com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider” could not be made., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fe508feab00 {Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider.apple-extension-service was invalidated." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider.apple-extension-service was invalidated.}}}

10:09:38.286290 +0800 fileproviderd [ERROR] no item provided; Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4 "The plug-in returned an error." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=The plug-in returned an error., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fe508feaad0 {Error Domain=NSFileProviderInternalErrorDomain Code=7 "A connection to the extension “com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider” could not be made." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=A connection to the extension “com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider” could not be made., NSUnderlyingError=0x7fe508feab00 {Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=4099 "The connection to service named com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider.apple-extension-service was invalidated." UserInfo={NSDebugDescription=The connection to service named com.apple.CloudDocs.MobileDocumentsFileProvider.apple-extension-service was invalidated.}}}}}

10:09:38.286376 +0800 fileproviderd com.apple.bird finished providing

Anybody know how to fixed it?

Replies

Is that app using 'legacy' or 'new' build system? I suspect 'new build system', in which case you may want to test changing to 'legacy build system', followed by an option-clean build folder, then seeing if the workspace is ok to open.