rejected app - third-party content

Hi

my app rejected more than a month, and not accepted so far. app reviewer require documents for proof

the last answer :

Thank you for the message. However, in order for us to continue with the review of your app, we are requesting documentation demonstrating your right, as me, to use the third-party album artworks and allow users to download third party music content in your app.

Acceptable documentation includes a copy of your contract with the copyright holder or a letter from the copyright holder to you, as me, detailing your authorization. Please be sure to include dates, rights holders' names, your name, and relevant signatures.

my app work with my site api and all content are on my site and server, also the contents like music and albums on my app has not copyright and most of theme i got from singer channel(like telegram) that him share for download (not youtube and ...)

also i don't know about the document they requested

really i'm tired 😢 please guide me

Replies

When someone creates art or music they own that creation and it is automatically copyrighted. In order for you to copy it and share it with others you need their permission. If your app is only accessing certain sites and on those sites it says you may share the content then that statement is your documentation. But I suspect they have not given you such permission.

Further to the above - look at the Wikipedia page on web scraping. It has a legal section. If you are copying the content from a web page (I think you are) then you can’t claim the defenses against copyright infringement cited in that article.

it's work with just site, my site

app work with my site api and all files are downloaded from my site

it's got data and file from my site

it's not using other site or api like youtube or spotify

But where did THOSE files come from? Apple wants proof they are yours or that you have written permission to use them.

all file come from my site

You're repeated "my site" seven times. The issue is about original ownership, not where that content resides. Just because you put something on your website does not mean you have legal ownership.

If you are unable to satisfy app review as to rights-to-use, you will not be allowed into the store. No one here can do that work for you.