XCode 10.1, Scene, DAE, Crash

I am using XCode 10.1 on OSX High Sierra 10.13.6 and I get one of two thing happen when I view a DAE (COLLADA) file in XCode.

1. The document is not presented with the skin or clothing. I can only see the mesh or skeleton

2. XCode unexpectedly quits.

I am working on displaying the DAE document on OSX, not iOS. In the case where XCode does not quit, the scene it not presented correctly. I have ensured, looking at the debugging view that I can turn off the wiremesh and skeleton but character is not presented.

I have ensured, by looking at the debugging view turning off the wiremesh and skeleton but character is not presented. I find that the files are also not presented correctly in Preview, which I find really strange. My first thought is the file is corrupt however, I have exported DAE fies from MakeHuman, Blender and Mixamo. I'm having a hard time believing all three programs are producing corrupt files. The MakeHuman file caused XCode to terminate but are viewable in Preview without textures. Blender and Mixamo, do not terminate but will only show mesh and skeleton in Preview, XCode and a SceneKit Scene.

I have downloaded files that do not render properly.

After research I thought that maybe the scntool located in (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/scntool) would fix the file but unfortunately it does not.

Is there a tool or process to fix the files so they render properly and not terminate XCode. What do I need to do to make this work properly.

Accepted Reply

I dont understand but the crashing completely stopped after I updgrade from High Sierra to Mojave (10.14.2).

No changes were made to Xcode. It just stopped terminating when I viewed DAE files.

I am still unable to properly render DAE files from Mixamo. Only a faint outline of the hair and body are visible in Preview and in XCode.

I am able to view exported DAE files from MakeHuman in Preview and Xcode.

I have a deeper problem with the DAE that Mixamo exports that may be a scenkit only issue. I will open a question in that forum.

Replies

The only file that renders properly are "idleFixed.dae" and "twist_danceFixed.dae" located here https://github.com/eh3rrera/ARKitAnimation

https://github.com/eh3rrera/ARKitAnimation/blob/master/ARAnimation/art.scnassets/idleFixed.dae (this works in Preview and XCode)

https://github.com/eh3rrera/ARKitAnimation/blob/master/ARAnimation/art.scnassets/twist_danceFixed.dae (this also works)

I dont understand but the crashing completely stopped after I updgrade from High Sierra to Mojave (10.14.2).

No changes were made to Xcode. It just stopped terminating when I viewed DAE files.

I am still unable to properly render DAE files from Mixamo. Only a faint outline of the hair and body are visible in Preview and in XCode.

I am able to view exported DAE files from MakeHuman in Preview and Xcode.

I have a deeper problem with the DAE that Mixamo exports that may be a scenkit only issue. I will open a question in that forum.