About data persistence of shared container

Hello.

Pardon me in poor English.

(We are using WEB translation service.)

We are developing and publishing applications for iOS.

With that application,

To be able to share data within the application we are creating

We use App Groups and store data in shared container.

From many users,

Many reports have been reported that all the data stored in this shared container has disappeared after restarting the terminal.

I'm investigating the cause to solve it, but I am at a loss for not finding the cause on the source code at all.

In addition, although logs for defect analysis are acquired from consented users, that phenomenon does not appear in the log.

the reason:

· Almost all of the users who contacted said, "Turn off the power of the iOS terminal, turn on the power again, start up the application,

As with installing the application for the first time, all the data has disappeared. "

· It says that the user has not deleted and reinstalled.

· Our application has no function to initialize application state, and there is no program implementation.

It is a question.

(1) Does the shared container's data have no persistence?

As long as the application is installed, it is a recognition that this storage will not be lost.

(2) Is it possible for the application to be installed for the first time due to the reboot?

Unless the user deletes it and reinstalls it, it will not be the state at the time of installation for the first time.

Please tell me if you notice anything.

Thank you for your consideration.

Replies

Thank you for seeing this content by many developers.

From the viewpoint of the application, the file system is part of the OS and its specification should be a black box.

It is simple, the application should consider only the interface, it should be developed without considering the system.

However, the facts are different, there are reports from the users, and the system must be considered.

Is this a bug in the system?

If this problem is a bug, it has been left untouched for a long time. Moreover, it is fatal.

I hope that it will be settled as soon as possible.

Please give me a hint if we can fix this problem in the app.

Thank you.