MapKit JS Dashboard Empty

Our MapKit JS dashboard is now entirely blank and reporting no data.

And our API key is returning "initialization failed because the daily usage limit has exceeded" leaving us with nothing to debug.

What can we do to fix this?

Accepted Reply

> Our MapKit JS dashboard is now entirely blank and reporting no data.

Thanks for reporting this, looking into it.

> And our API key is returning "initialization failed because the daily usage limit has exceeded" leaving us with nothing to debug.

I believe the token is being rejected because it contains duplicate claims. To check your token, execute this at the command line (substitute your token for your-token-here, but keep the quotes around it):

echo "your-token-here" | tr "." "\n" | head -2 | base64 -D

To check just the token header, use `head -1` in the above command.

Replies

Same here. Something must be up.

Thanks for reporting this. Looking into it, and will provide an update as soon as possible.

Thank you! I checked again and the dashboard seems to be reporting OK. But it looks like all of our requests stopped working starting on Feb 8. We haven't changed any of our code, has the integration? Did we miss an API update or something that requires changes on our end?

We're going to have to switch to a different provider at this point. Apple support is way to hard to get through to and this outage is killing our applications usability.

An update after working with the MapKit JS support team over email:

• The dashboard is back up and running for us. I can't comment on other users, but support is aware of the issue.
  • Our token was actually invalid, the error message being reported was coming from another line in the code.
    • The token was invalid because were were sending duplicate "claims" (the keys you send to generate the JWT).
    • The Ruby gem JWT automatically adds typ and alg. Us adding it to our code added the keys twice, which makes the key invalid.

> Our MapKit JS dashboard is now entirely blank and reporting no data.

Thanks for reporting this, looking into it.

> And our API key is returning "initialization failed because the daily usage limit has exceeded" leaving us with nothing to debug.

I believe the token is being rejected because it contains duplicate claims. To check your token, execute this at the command line (substitute your token for your-token-here, but keep the quotes around it):

echo "your-token-here" | tr "." "\n" | head -2 | base64 -D

To check just the token header, use `head -1` in the above command.