Guideline 4.3 Rejected

Guideline 4.3 - Design

We noticed that your app provides the same feature set as other apps submitted to the App Store; it simply varies in content or language, which is considered a form of spam.

The next submission of this app may require a longer review time, and this app will not be eligible for an expedited review until this issue is resolved.

Do we need to return to the era of repeated wheel building?

First of all, please forgive my poor English. My English is very poor, so I used translation tools.

Get down to business:

The APP submitted for review has not been released successfully for more than four months, with a delay of 2 months, 4.3 rejected twice and 2 months.

The newly submitted APP was originally intended to be the APP before the update of the updated version. However, due to the large UI adjustment, it was submitted as a new APP because the review failed. Due to fear of 4.3 rejection, I removed the previous APP from the shelf and removed it before submission. It was rejected for the first time. The 2.1 gift package entered the review after replying to the message. One month later, it was still rejected because of 4.3.

I confirm that my APP is definitely not spam, there are some same feature sets, but this is not spam.

1:ui library, which is a series of UI components written by myself, including buttons, check boxes, lists, message boxes, etc ..

2. Sound control

3. Network transmission

4: recommended list ( list showing my other apps )

These are indeed the code sets used in all my apps.

Are these not allowed to be reused? Does it mean that I have to spend a lot of time rewriting these modules for each APP, and also make sure that the code written each time is different from the previous code, even though their functions are the same, they have to change different ways to implement it?

Do we need to go back to the era of building wheels repeatedly, code reuse is no longer allowed?

At present, I almost submitted the review and rejected it on 4.3. I have no motivation to develop new apps and update old ones.

Strictly speaking, I dare not submit the audit any more. I am afraid that the next rejection will bring about account closure.

Replies

Did you appeal?

If so, what did you say?

How many times?

How many rejections?

What did each rejection say?

Were you told to make changes to meta data and not re-submit another build?

Were you told to resubmit?

Same issue happened here, it's been 4 days...did anyone have the exiperience before? how long it's gonna take to finish the invistigation?
Regards.

I had the same issue today.

I've had the same problem these days I'm waiting for the answer.

Same issue, waiting for a long long time...

Believe me, it's useless to reconstruct the app. Forgive me for my poor English. I reconstructed the app, and all the assets were replaced or rejected. Now I'm appealing. I haven't successfully updated the app for more than eight months. The user feedback is extremely bad. The reason is that because of the market policy, the app was copied and submitted for updating, and it was useless to delete it
The problem is that you've submitted a pre-existing app as a new app. That would put a "this account is a spammer" flag on to your developer account. Once that mark is placed, is hard to get it removed.

My suggestion would be:

1. Remove the second app (which is stuck at "in-review" anyway).

2. Do a competitor analysis and ensure that your app isn't similar to any pre-existing app nor it is a "saturated" app genre (such as horoscope apps).

3. Update the first app with the new design / code / functionality.

In first try, you would likely get rejected anyway regardless of what you uploaded. Then appeal to the App Store review board to get more senior members of the team to review your app. If it's really unique and worthy of the app store, you should get the update approved.

• How would a developer do a "competitor analysis"? That doesn't seem realistic when there are over a million apps in the App Store.

Add a Comment