How to determine if different windows are tabbed together

When an NSWindow is tabbed with windows that have different NSWindowController classes, its tabbedWindows array only contains windows that have the same NSWindowController class. How can a tell if different windows that have different NSWindowController classes are tabbed together?

For example, I have 2 different NSWindowControllers subclasses and an instance of each window controller subclass we'll call a and b. If we tab the windows from the window controllers using:

MyWindowControllerA *a;

MyWindowControllerB *b;

a and b are created...

a.window.tabbingIdentifier = MyTabbingIdentifier;

b.window.tabbingIdentifier = MyTabbingIdentifier;

[a.window addTabbedWindow:b.window ordered:NSWindowAbove];

The contents of a.window.tabbedWindows is {a.window}. The contents of b.window.tabbedWindows is {b.window}. I expected them both to be {a.window, b.window} just like how they're visually tabbed on the screen. If I create more windows and add them as tabs to the same base window, only the windows that have the same window controller class are in their respective tabbedWindows array. So how can I tell if a.window and b.window are tabbed together?

Replies

Never mind, it was operator error. The tabbedWindows array does contain all the windows that are tabbed together irregardless of their windowController class. What I didn't realize earlier when I was inspecting the tabbedWindows array in my code was that the window I expected to be in the tabbedWindows array had been hidden with orderOut: earlier in my code which is why it was no longer in the array.