how can I retrieve the row that I deleted from info.plist ?

I accidentally deleted a row from info.plist, is there any way to retreive it back ?

Accepted Reply

Depends on the row, maybe, but you might try creating a new project using a similar template, then finding that row in that app's Info.plist to use as an example.

Recreating that row might not be difficult...see the docs: About Information Property List Files

Be careful editing that plist - best to do if thru Xcode's UI and not as a source file in or outside of Xcode. Do not edit it outside of Xcode unless you know what you're doing, you could munge the entire file.

You might want to use this as a learning moment about the value of having a tested and reliable backup in place at all times 😉 - also, be aware that Xcode doesn't provide the same undo/undelete features as most text editors/word processors, whether you are edtiing a plist or code. Be careful and get that backup going now.

Good luck.

Replies

If you do it immediately, you can undo.

Otherwise, you will have to recreate the entry (look at an older version that you have hopefully saved to know exactly what it was)

You can check if there is a copy of your project in DerivedData folder and look for the info.plist there.

Xcode > Preferences > Locations

Default folder is:

/Users/YourUser/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData

Depends on the row, maybe, but you might try creating a new project using a similar template, then finding that row in that app's Info.plist to use as an example.

Recreating that row might not be difficult...see the docs: About Information Property List Files

Be careful editing that plist - best to do if thru Xcode's UI and not as a source file in or outside of Xcode. Do not edit it outside of Xcode unless you know what you're doing, you could munge the entire file.

You might want to use this as a learning moment about the value of having a tested and reliable backup in place at all times 😉 - also, be aware that Xcode doesn't provide the same undo/undelete features as most text editors/word processors, whether you are edtiing a plist or code. Be careful and get that backup going now.

Good luck.

Yes, what a pain are these all pervading property lists. No undo is, perhaps, not a serious problem, but I would really like the ability to just cancel my changes and start again from where the file was last saved (like every other development environment I have worked with, dare I say it!).