Real time background communication with iPhone(in foreground) from watch(in background)

I tried background communication between watch(in background) and iPhone(in foreground) using transferinfo() method but message is reaching to iPhone in 2-10 seconds.

Is there any way sending message to iPhone(foreground) from watch(background) in every second without delay?

Watch - ( Apple Watch Series 3 & WatchOS 5.1)
iPhone - (iPhone 7 & iOS 12.1)

Replies

The Watch Connectivity frameworks were not designed to exchange real-time information. Even Apple's health-related apps, if in the background, do not send their data to their iPhone couterpart app in real-time. If the app is in the foreground then watchOS will grant your app more resources. You should perhaps redesign to send your data in batches and/or allow the user to act on the data via a complication or a main app, if that's applicable.

Your single app tests may not be representative of an actual user's device because the user may also be using a network intensive foreground app.

If you provide details on the type of data you are sending (for example, is the data app-generated or sensor-generated), perhaps we can provide a more detailed suggestion.

--Zaid

Hi Zaid,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I am trying to develop two watchos application. One application send real time sensor data (core motion) to iPhone and other application process core motion data & send result to iPhone in every second.

Please help me resolve this realtime time communication problem via bluetooth or WiFi etc.

Regards,

Prince

Hi,

Did you get any answer to the problem? Can you share the solution?

Thanks in advance