Issue Saving to Photo Library

All,

I have a childrens app that allows for the user to save a screen shot of their current work to the photos library. Before iOS 12 came out it would present the pop up asking for permission to store a photo and once granted worked fine. After iOS 12 came out I started hearing about an issue where school districts that purchased my app are managing devices using an MDM/MAM. They are not able to save to the photo library anymore.

The issue may be related to how the administrators have setup the Screen Time options.

The main symptom is that my app no longer prompts to allow access to the photo library and will not save screen shots to the photo library. When you look under privacy settings to grant permission to store the photos my app does not appear.

I have been told by 2 schools that other apps have had this problem and fixed it with an update. I am trying to figure what I need to do to correct the problem. I want to make an update and fix, just dont know what needs to be done. I havent been able to find any thing in the API documentation or on this forum that addresses this issue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

David

Replies

> app that allows for the user to save a screen shot of their current work to the photos library.

Show some related code?

Hi David! I have the same issue with my app called ‘no retouch’ where you can connect the logo to a photo. The ‘pop-up’ window with ‘allow to connect to photo library’ is now gone, when new proppe try to download the app and hence does not save the image to the library afterwards? And the ‘allow function’ in ‘settings’ for the app is also not available anymore? :( I would truly appreciate to hear what solution you found out with this issue! :) Did you need to update the app completly from scratch or how did you work this issue out? Best wishes from Helena