Distributing an app via Blackberry UEM

Hi,

Full disclosure; I'm very new to iOS development.

Our company uses Blackberry UEM to distribute apps to business phones, we would now like to use UEM to distribute internal apps developed by us. To prove the process, I create a simple (hello world) app using xCode 10. I can push this app to a test Iphone via xcode but when we upload the ipa to UEM it fails to deploy the app to assigned phones failing with the error below;

Got cancel delegate with reason Error Domain=IXUserPresentableErrorDomain Code=1 "This app could not be installed at this time." UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=This app could not be installed at this time., NSLocalizedFailureReason=Failed to verify code signature of /private/var/installd/Library/Caches/com.apple.mobile.installd.staging/temp.BPrtGU/extracted/Payload/DemoApp.app : 0xe8008015 (A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.),

The app is assigned to a development provisioning profile that I created in our Enterprise Apple account and the developer certificate used for signing is included in the profile. The only thing I can think of is that there is only one device associated with the development provisioning profile and this is the test device that I am able to deploy the app to via XCode. As the other business iphones are managed via UEM I cannot connect them to a computer to retrieve their UDID to add to the provisioning profile - is this the issue i.e. the device being deployed to via UEM is not on the provision profile used with the app. If this is the case, how do i move pass this.

What is the recommended way to generate and sign IPAs for distributiong via Blackeryy UEM. Any help will be appreciated?

Replies

Create a Production Certificate, use it to create a Distribution Provisioning Profile, then archive the app. Then, when you go through the "Distribute App" process, choose Enterprise, and Manually manage signing, choosing the distribution profile you created.