WindowServer error

Hi all,

do anybody know what this message:

[ERROR] - Unable to find display pipe for IOFB service: 18711

from WindowServer in Mojave 10.14.3 means. Constantly displaying to Logfile.

Thanks Petr Kral

Accepted Reply

No relation to any activity from my app. I don't see this message after fresh boot, but after some time it appears. Seems to me that in previous versions of macOS the consumption of storage (more 1.5GB) and cpu (about 18%). I see thats intermittent but any clue what IOFB (IOFrameBuffer? I guess) means and code 18711? Thanks Petr

P.S. Now I see that the problem appers with additional screen running under DISPLAYLINK software. (USB connected screen). In this sense make no sense to investigate futher. Once more thanks Petr

Replies

Is this log message correlated to something you’re doing in your code?

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

No relation to any activity from my app. I don't see this message after fresh boot, but after some time it appears. Seems to me that in previous versions of macOS the consumption of storage (more 1.5GB) and cpu (about 18%). I see thats intermittent but any clue what IOFB (IOFrameBuffer? I guess) means and code 18711? Thanks Petr

P.S. Now I see that the problem appers with additional screen running under DISPLAYLINK software. (USB connected screen). In this sense make no sense to investigate futher. Once more thanks Petr