fastest way to transfer data from phone to watch

Hi. I have a finger painting similar app on my phone and I want to echo the finger painting on the watch. I tried 2 different things so far...

one: I create a PNG representation of the image and send it to teh watch

two: I send each point as a Message to the watch

Both have high latency.

What's the fastest way to transfer data to my watch?

I have the data in one of the following forms..

UIBezierPath, CGPoint(with if its move/began/end... etc) or PNG

Replies

You are asking two questions: which method requires smaller amounts of data to transfer and what is the fastest way of transfering a set amount of data.

The first depends on how complex the drawing is. I suspect that the method that requires the smallest amount of data to display the drawing would be to copy the finger movements that the iPhone used to construct the drawing and transfer that. Then reconstruct the image on the watch using the same code used to construct the image on the iPhone. This has the advantage that you can make small incremental changes quite easily and in real time and you can also show the fingerpainting being dynamically drawn on the watch face. But if the user makes a complex drawing and all you want is the final image then use the png.

I suspect that all methods of transfering data from the iPhone to the watch operate at close to the same speed. Just be sure to package your data into a compact object like an NSData package.