Custom icon for RPSystemBroadcastPickerView button

We are implementing RPSystemBroadcastPickerView for our project and wanted to change the icon image (solid circle in circle) to a custom app specific icon.

One way we found was to get the subviews in RPSystemBroadcastPickerView, get the button and then change the buttons image view image. Is there any other direct way of customising this icon?

Also will there be any issues in getting the app approved from Apple if the change the default icon?

Replies

Hi,

I ran into a similar problem. How did you resolve your issue?

Kind regards,

Wojciech

Do you guys still need this ?

let pickerView = RPSystemBroadcastPickerView(frame: streamButton.frame)

for subview in pickerView.subviews {

let b = subview as! UIButton

b.setImage(UIImage(named : "start_streaming"), for: .normal)

}

there is only a single subview and its the button.

picker

UIButton

• this works for me, thanks u save my time.

Add a Comment

This framework is so inconsitent ,

seems like the only way you can pass parameters to the broadcast extension such as

resolution and bitrate is a shared keychain.

the whole setupUI extension flow only works for screen captures not IOSSystemBroadcasts.

Documentation is not great Apple.

I understand the attraction of this sort of approach, but please don't do this.

1. You don't know where in the private view hierarchy the image might be in the future.

2. You don't know whether it's going to a UIButton, or some other class, in the future.

3. The private view hierarchy is regarded as SPI, and delving into it is definitely a cause of rejection by App Review.

@shweta.sawant did you find any solution? We are stuck into the same issue.
If so, kindly post your solution.
  • Currently I am following this

Get the subviews in RPSystemBroadcastPickerView, get the button and then change the buttons image view image. Is there any other direct way of customising this icon?

But if you read what  Polyphonic  has to say you may not want to follow the same.

Add a Comment