Screenshot iPhone iPad for App Store

Hi there,

How to create the screenshots requiered by Apple for the presenting iPhone/iPad app knowing that the Xcode simulator's screenshot does not make the requiered size and without de hardware itself. (Sorry for my poor english language 😟 ?

Thanks in advance for your welcomed help

Don

Accepted Reply

It is quite common to use simulator screenshots.

View at 100% (even if that means going larger than you can view on your monitor), then use the simulator's menu to capture/save.

Crop/resize down as needed via your favorite image editor, then save, being aware of applicable file naming schemes, etc.

Replies

It is quite common to use simulator screenshots.

View at 100% (even if that means going larger than you can view on your monitor), then use the simulator's menu to capture/save.

Crop/resize down as needed via your favorite image editor, then save, being aware of applicable file naming schemes, etc.

Mark All sizes of 5.5'. Go to size of 4.7' and select on checkbox "Use 5.5'", and you need to do that for all other iPhones model.

So go back to simulator in iPhone 8 Plus, take a Screen Shot and drag on screen shot to there.

I did it and works very well.

The simulator does make the required size. Use 'file' 'new screenshot' to capture the image.

Thanks a lot KMT, I just need to open eyes 🙂. In fact I saw the images are a bit too little for the iPhone XR.

You'll be fine...

Keep in mind too, that there are tools in the Mac App Store that claim to be able to generate all required screenshots once they have something to work with, so if DIY isn't your thing, perhaps there are other ways.