Can you advice me on "4.2 - Design - Minimum Functionality" rejection reason?

Hi!

I'm trying to submit my first app and i got rejected a few times now. This is the current state of the app that was rejected today:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4exoxkgt8j5f5f/SUIW3588.mp4?dl=0

Can you see anything thats not follows the 4.2 guidelines? I read them thoroughly multiple times by now and in my opinion my app follows all the rules stated in the guideline. But i'm clearly missing something, since the rejection. Any ideas what to change/improve?

Thanks

Replies

"app follows all the rules stated in the guideline"

Guideline 4.2 requires not that you 'follow the rule' but that the app does something useful or unique. App Review may be saying that your app doesn't do anything useful or unique. Usually App Review says somethng a bit more specific than just '4.2'. Did they in your case?

"We found that the usefulness of your app is limited by the minimal amount of content or features it includes."

I asked for clarification and got the same response word by word.

In order to change/improve something, that something first needs substance that can be further molded.

Referring the dev to 4.2 is a polite (?) way of saying that you do not have an app, and there's simply nothing to review, much less improve.

visztpeter wrote:

Hi!

I'm trying to submit my first app and i got rejected a few times now. This is the current state of the app that was rejected today:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/z4exoxkgt8j5f5f/SUIW3588.mp4?dl=0

Can you see anything thats not follows the 4.2 guidelines? I read them thoroughly multiple times by now and in my opinion my app follows all the rules stated in the guideline. But i'm clearly missing something, since the rejection. Any ideas what to change/improve?

Thanks

Hi guys

It is most likely that you are infringing the last item of item 4.4.7 (d) that I transcribe directly from the Apple website. And I think it's very unlikely to approve, try changing the color to blue, maybe go!

It's because your app is design super like Health original apple app!

And congradulations ! Very good thinking app, ui and idea !

Thanks. I asked for clarifications but they never specified which item in 4.2 is the issue. But i don't think it resembles much the Health app, other than the color, which is red for the heart as usual. But the pages inside the app features a unique design i believe so its easy to distinguish the two. I'm still waiting for a response to my appeal and if its still a no go, i'll try a different color. But i doubt it would help sadly 😟