How to get app approval for app that connects to external equipment via Bluetooth

Hello all,

I already have several apps in production, but I have developed my first app that connects to an external device (built by me) using Bluetooth. How do I go about getting app approval, since the device is also required? Do I need to send all my equipment in to Apple? If so, do they ship it back? How does that all work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Replies

Gather your details and check the MFi FAQs, for starters, to see if that program applies to your example: https://mfi.apple.com/MFiWeb/getFAQ.action

If MFi isn't mandated, when submitting just the app it is common to make a demo video that review can study - add a link to it in that app's meta data notes. Expect app review to reach out if they need additional info, etc. This video has the added benefit of being able to also serve as the Preview video in the store. See App Store Connect Help for details.

Hi I am having the same question, is your app live now? What were the steps you took or are going to take?

The app is not live yet. I have not submitted but plan to in the next few days.

is your app live now? did you face any issues with Apple?