Consumable IAP for temporarily ad-free version allowed?

Hello,

I'm already using a non-consumable in-app purchase which removes ads in my app forever.

I want to try something different to have a constant revenue stream, but when I read the guidlines I'm not really sure whether it's allowed:

Can I use a consumable IAP to remove ads for the next 30 days only? So that the user can buy it again after 30 days?

I know a subscription would be an alternative. But I already tested it and almost no one buys it (although the one-time IAP was working well). I believe people don't like subscriptions because they might forget to cancel it or for whatever reason. So my idea is to use a consumable IAP. Instead of a subscription this would also be an even more customer friendly alternative because no one can forget to cancel it.

So is it allowed to use a consumable IAP to remove ads for the next 30 days?

The only problem I see is: What can I do if a user bought the consumable IAP but has deleted and re-installed the app again. As you can't restore consumable IAP's (right?) the user has to use the app with ads or pay again, altough he already has paid.

Thank you!

Replies

You can implement a restore function using the user's iCloud Account.

A consumable IAP cannot expire with time. It can only expire when it is consumed. What you describe is a non-renewing subscription. It expires with time as you want. It does not have an autorenewing 'issue'.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote reply of PBK Down vote reply of PBK