Secure access to Individual (sole-trader) Developer Account, to a third party dev?

I have an individual (sole trader) developer account, but need to share access to a developer.

I can't add users on an individual account (which is a MASSIVE FLAW) in the profile. I can't and won't create an Enterprise account because, shock horror, I'm not an enterprise nor incorporated. I am an individual. As an individual, suprisingly, I don't build apps all by myself - I get help from freelancers and the like.

I need to provide access to my dev team, to my Apple Developer account and I don't want to give them full access by releasing my Apple ID and Password. What's the point of all this TFA security, when I'm being forced to release an Apple ID + Password?

It would be swell if I could create multiple account with different IDs and password, and if I shared that, no probs. But sharing my Apple ID means losing control of an ID that links to my computer, icloud, etc, etc. Because Apple force all identities into one single real life full access identity, I cannot share that identity.

Someone at Apple failed to run through the different business scenarios for users. This seems like such an obvious mistake. Individual / sole-traders ALSO need the ability to add third party users. This is pretty darn basic. If Apple aren't prepared to do this, then they should force individuals to share their Apple IDs (which link to their laptops and other accounts) with third parties, to ensure that a sole-trader can still hire coders.

How can I provide access to my dev so he can build/test apps for me, without giving him my Apple ID + Password?

Thanks

Replies

An enterprise account is for private app distribution inside an organization. What you are talking about is a business account. You will need to incorporate to get one. Giving other people access to you developer account in any other way is a viloation of developer program rules and can get you kicked out of the program. There are costs to doing business.