How to access raw features (not just spatial points) which ARKit uses to detect objects

I am working on an object segmentation problem in AR space and we are using ARKit2. ARKit has this object scanning and detection capability which finds out interesting points (features) and uses them for detection.

I was thinking of clustering these extracted features and segmenting the object using a weakly-supervised approach. ARKit gives access to these points through

ARWorldMap.rawFeaturePoints.points
but these are only spatial features (Swift array of float3 vectors - each 3D vector is a representation of one feature point in 3D AR space).

Obviously ARKit is generating dense features based on edges, corners, texture & other things to get these points but it only exposes the 3D coordinates of the points instead of actual features. Is there any way to get those "real" features?

Replies

That's essentially what I want too:

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/111730

I'd like Apple to expose more than just the positional data of the feature points. But I bet going beyond this enters into the heavy realms of data privacy. I'm guessing Apple are going to secure the privacy side of things before exposing the fully-fledged data to developers?

The best way to handle this would be to file a feature request. Visit bugreporter.apple.com

Done