Dynamic prices in-app-purchase

Hello,

Can you dynamically program the prices of a subscription without automatic renewal with Swift?

I have implemented in-App-purchase.

Thank you.

Replies

You should move your post to in-app-purchase section.

Good luck.

You have limited control over an autorenewable subscription. You can only change the price of a particular product (that the user has purchased) on App Store Connect. When the price is changed, the autorenewing function changes in a prescribed way as described by Apple.

But with a non-renewing subscription you can do it dynamically by chosing to display any one of many possible non-renewing subscription 'products'. The user does not need to know which particular 'product' they are being offered. The price for each 'product' is different. Each 'product' has a different productIdentifier and price but otherwise all the information (metadata description and duration) are the same. If you want to offer the subscription renewal for $0.99 show only product1. If you want to charge $2.99 show product3.

This looks like a great solution, but wouldn't the user be able to see all the products if they go to Settings -> [tap their name] -> iTunes & App Store -> [tap their Apple ID] -> View Apple ID -> Subscriptions ?

I know it's kinda burried, but I'm wondering if the user will be able to switch to a different subscription from there, which will kill this solution.

> ...wouldn't the user be able to see all the products if they go to..... Subscriptions ?

No, that will only show their autorenewable subscriptions.