Uploading a build to test flight forces me to have a higher build version when submitting to AppStore

Hi folks,

The version of the app on the App Store is 1.0, and if I upload a new build in TestFlight with version 2.0. I am forced to upload a build with a version greater than 2.0 (I want the version to be 1.1), when uploading a new build for non-TestFlight AppStore review.

Expiring the Testflight build doesn't seem to make a difference. Any ideas on how I can submit with version 1.1 even though TestFlight build is at 2.0?

Thanks,

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of chiralapps Down vote post of chiralapps
13k views
  • Four years later, I would also like an answer to this. We want to be able to put future releases into TestFlight w/o messing up our actual release version number.

Add a Comment

Replies

Version #s are for the store. Build #s are for TestFlight. One doesn't force the other. Don't confuse them.

Confirm you're using them correctly via TN2420 https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/technotes/tn2420/_index.html

Good luck.

• This answer is incorrect. The Tech Note referenced says, "Version and the build numbers work together to uniquely identify a particular App Store submission for an app."

Add a Comment