Hosting On-Demand resources for internal Enterprise app

Hi,

We have an enterprise app which is only internally distributed - not for uploading to app store. It currently needs to store or download large number of images so we are investigating hosting On-Demand resources. There are multiple obstacles - the provisioning profile for the release build of the app is available only on the central build server. I cannot archive the app locally without having access to the release provisioning profile. Because of this when I open the Archives tab of Window->Organizer, there are no archives available. Just to try out, I downloaded the .xcarchive from the central build server and then manually created the Archives folder under /Libray/Developer/Xcode and then created a folder for the project and placed the .xcarchive under there. Now when I open Archives tab of Window->Organizer, the archive does show up there but there is no Export button available as mentioned here: https://developer.apple.com/library/archive/documentation/FileManagement/Conceptual/On_Demand_Resources_Guide/GeneratingHostedContent.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40015083-CH19-SW1. Only these buttons show up:

The project doesnt yet have any tags defined in it as we are still investigating this approach. Is the Export button not there because there are no tags defined yet? Or is it not there because the archive wasn't created in Xcode? Or is it because I cannot set the provisioning profile for the release build in Xcode?

Other question is if the asset packs are placed on the web server then how is the authentication to access it is handled? Our back-end accepts SSO certs to authenticate users. How can the mechanism to access asset packs provide SSO cert when challenged? Would we need to set access to the asset packs on the web server public?

Has anyone used On-Demand resources for internally distributed enterprise apps?