How capture app screenshots on Mac mini?

According to Apple's official doc on screenshot, I need to capture screenshots of fixed resolutions. But unfortunately my display connected to my Mac mini does not provide one of the resolutions. Now my problem arises - How do I capture screenshots while using non-standard reslution?

Accepted Reply

Don't try to equate your display resolution with those requirements. That link only says 'high' or 'standard' resolution, then a given H x W.

Even if you use the simulator, at full device size, you can still capture a full size screenshot via the sim's menu, either saving it off, or putting it to the clipboard. Once on the clipboard, you can paste as new via Preview, as an example...other image editors often have the same ability.

Replies

Don't try to equate your display resolution with those requirements. That link only says 'high' or 'standard' resolution, then a given H x W.

Even if you use the simulator, at full device size, you can still capture a full size screenshot via the sim's menu, either saving it off, or putting it to the clipboard. Once on the clipboard, you can paste as new via Preview, as an example...other image editors often have the same ability.