NEHotspotConfigurationManager remove profile on exit

Hi,

I was wondering would it be possible to remove a profile created via NEHotspotConfigurationManager created via SSID.

NEHotspotConfigurationManager.shared.apply(myNetwork)

I seen in the documentation the use for:

func removeConfiguration(forSSID SSID: String)

However, my conscern is a user closing the app before the above function was called.

Is it possible to call this function during a "swipe, close" event?

Thanks in advance!

Accepted Reply

I presume by ‘“swipe, close” event’ you mean the user removing the app from the multitasking UI? If so, the answer is “It depends.” To wit:

• If you’re app is in the foreground then removing it from the multitasking UI will invoke your

-applicationWillTerminate:
    delegate method.
  • Likewise if your app is running in the background, for example, via a

UIApplication
    background task.
  • If your app is suspended in the background, it will be removed from memory without any of your code running.

• If your app is terminated in the background then, well, it’s already terminated.

Have you thought about using

joinOnce
? This creates a temporary Wi-Fi configuration, one that’s automatically removed once your app is no longer frontmost.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Replies

I presume by ‘“swipe, close” event’ you mean the user removing the app from the multitasking UI? If so, the answer is “It depends.” To wit:

• If you’re app is in the foreground then removing it from the multitasking UI will invoke your

-applicationWillTerminate:
    delegate method.
  • Likewise if your app is running in the background, for example, via a

UIApplication
    background task.
  • If your app is suspended in the background, it will be removed from memory without any of your code running.

• If your app is terminated in the background then, well, it’s already terminated.

Have you thought about using

joinOnce
? This creates a temporary Wi-Fi configuration, one that’s automatically removed once your app is no longer frontmost.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"