How do I hide my carrier's name for iPhone marketing resources screenshots?

As being stated here https://developer.apple.com/app-store/marketing/guidelines/#section-products under the "Status Bar" section, I should not display a carrier name when using screenshots of my iPhone.

On a real device, is there any way to (temporarely) hide the carrier's name in order to take a screenshot? If not, do I have to use the XCode simulator to create such a screenshot or is there another (better) way to do so?

I know that I could edit the screenshot using Pixelmator/... but this is not the solution I am looking for.

Thanks in advance!

Thomas

Replies

On the device, try removing it's sim card.

If pixelmator is too difficult, try using Preview, but I don't imagine the process to copy the background color and then adding a bar over that info varies much between them.

Consider doing screenshots in the simulator. It's what I've done for years via automation. Especially useful for apps that are localized.

Effectively, I set up a test that creates any necessary state, runs through various screens and saves off screenshots. This also allows me to run various simulators so I can then upload all the different variations to itunesconnect.

airplane mode

When you use QuickTime to record a video-preview all confidential data including the carrier name is hidden. You may slice screenshots from the video when it's captured.

Another way is to search for the app's name through spotlight and run it from there. Then the status bar will say "< Search" instead of a carrier name.