5 Replies
      Latest reply on Jan 14, 2019 11:03 AM by KMT
      infilano Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi guys!

I've to develop an app for iOS that connects (or register) the user to a Wordpress website.

After the login (or the registration), depending of the choosen membership, the user should see some videos (tutorial of classical music, btw) that are uploaded on Vimeo.

Is this possible without breaking the Apple's rules?

Thank you

• Re: video in iOS App
          KMT Level 9 Level 9 (14,355 points)

What can users do if they do not register? What else does the app do?

Can those videos be accessed without registering and/or use of your app?

Is membership paid? if so, how?

You might risk violating:

- ASRG 3.1.2(a) Business / Permissable Uses

- And 4.2 Minimum Functionality

Hello!

1) The users can see other pages with the explaination of the product.

2) Some short video can be accessed. The entire video is available only for who paid the membership.

3) We have a free membership access (where the users see only a small video), and 2 paid membership:monthly /yearly.

So if they don't register, or purchase prime access, all they have is a demo app. My opinion is that it risks rejection via 4.2. I'd add significant features/functions that make it have enough value that app review wants it in the store either way.

Thank you for the reply.

But if the app doesn't provide a login access, but only sell paid contents?

I mean: what is the standard required for "risk rejection via 4.2"?

>what is the standard required for "risk rejection via 4.2"?

Sounds like a request for a pre-review, of which there are none - only App Review knows, and they aren't here...no one here can speak for them/predict/promise what they may find, etc. Same with 'but if...'

Good luck.