TestFlight not linking to latest release of beta app

I've just had an updated beta release of an app approved for testing via TestFlight. Testers were notified, but cannot install the new release because TestFlight is still pointing to the prior beta. I added test groups to the build before the review process and the notiification was for the new release.

I've tried generating a public link for the new release, but this still points to the prior build. Uninstalling TestFlight and the beta app on my test devices (iPhones), then reinstalling TestFlight doesn't solve the problem: TestFlight still points to the prior release.

I suppose I could increment the build/release and resubmit for review, but that could take a few days and might run into the same issue.

Anyone else had the same problem? I note that AppStore Connect threw an error earlier today when I tried to connect via Safari and said to "try again later".

I've sought advice from Apple Support, but no definite response yet.

Regards,

Michaela

Replies

I finally got the new beta release of my app correctly linked to TestFlight by re-adding the main test group to the new build. TestFlight reissued the notifications of an update, which then worked correctly. The public link (which I don't normally provide to testers) then also updated.