how to fill out tax information as non-U.S. citizen?

I am an individual person (not employed at a developer studio or owning a business) living in Switzerland. I made my first iOS app with Unity that uses in-app-purchases (IAP) and to successfully implement them I need to provide the U.S. tax information in AppStore Connect. I have open questions in the linked screenshot regarding the form. Is it correct to choose SSN at point 5 and add 000000000 (9 x zero) in the space provided for the tax ID (point 6) like several online resources advice? What belongs to the field "Title"? etc. (link to the image)

Maybe you can give a more reliable feedback to this open questions as the Apple Reviewer suggested me to come here and ask. Thank you very much.

Post not yet marked as solved Up vote post of MNENAD Down vote post of MNENAD
8.0k views

Replies

Confirm your course of action via US Govt. docs here:

h ttps://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/taxpayer-identification-numbers-tin

MNENAD: I'm looking your comment here and i need to let you know i am having today the same question, Would you please help me by letting me know what needs to be included on TITLE?

Please advise.
I am also looking for that answer. What should I use in "Title" text field? Can anyone confirm that to me please? Thanks
I am an individual developer and I ran into this question now.
After a couple of google searches, This is what I learnt.

Title - " Mr. " or " Mrs. " or " Ms. " ; Whatever goes in front of your name.
Capacity in which acting - "Individual" , "Self" and a couple of answers were there , but I went with "Individual"

Source : https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29567933/problems-with-setting-up-tax-info-in-itunesconnect

Add a Comment