UDID

Hi,

I have been trying to register my device for weeks. Apple continuosly ignores me or pataches me through to automated systems that hang up on me when I request help. I have searched their documentation (which is horrible) and have not had any luck. I hate Apple.

I am looking for my UDID - so I can register my device. However, I cannot find it or the format it is supposed to be in. Any advice?

While I was able to find the UUID - which is in the apple button - under system support - hardware - it wasn't any help in actually starting in Xcode.

Accepted Reply

This thread has been deleted

>I thought my mac was an IOS device?

Your iphone 7 is an iOS 'device'. Your mac is different and uses macOS.

Xcode can be used to make applications for mac, or apps for iOS on phones and iPads, or watchOS for Apple Watch, or tvOS for Apple TV.

When we talk about 'device' here, we usually don't mean your mac.

Please stay with one thread - using two will only confuse you more, and you seem pretty confused already 😉 Either use only this discussion or the other one, thanks: https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/112369

Replies

Register it where?

You mean a device via Accounts/Member Center so you can build apps to it via Xcode? Do you have a paid Developer Program account?

Should just be a matter of connecting it to your computer, then running Xcode and choosing to use it.

But if all you need is the UUID, when connected to your computer, open iTunes, select that device, then tap on 'serial number' to toggle to and reveal the UUID. Select to copy to the global clipboard.

Have you search how to get UDID ?

Found this at first search on Google: h ttps://www.imore.com/how-find-your-iphones-serial-number-udid-or-other-information

Doesn't it provide what you are looking for ? (hate is usually a bad advisor)

Hate is the only word I can use - I spent 2 hours on the phone with support after they hung up on me. Basically - it is impossible for me to create a provisioning profile (automatically or mannually) and Apple refuses to help because they are an evil company.