IOS 12 resign does not work

We have got ipa files from our external supplier for years and used some tools for re-sign apps with our own company certificate. But since IOS 12 came out, we sign it the exact same way but it does not work anymore. When opening the app on IOS 12 it just shows for 1 second and then closes again.

If I use the same app on a IOS 11 device it works perfectly.

Recently we testet if they sign with our certificate on the source code direct - and this does also works. But they should of course not keep or certificate.

So does anyone has experienced similiar issue on IOS 12 apps ? - or any special way apps for IOS 12 must be re-signed ?

Replies

We even tried to create a complete new certificate and new provision profile - but still the issue persist on IOS 12

I generally recommend that you avoid workflows that involve re-signing an

.ipa
. A better solution is to have your vendor give you an Xcode archive, which you can then distribute using the standard Xcode distribution workflows available in the Xcode Organizer.

Share and Enjoy

Quinn “The Eskimo!”
Apple Developer Relations, Developer Technical Support, Core OS/Hardware

let myEmail = "eskimo" + "1" + "@apple.com"

Is there any official documentation about "Xcode archive" or tutorial about the solution you mentioned ? And another question , does re-signing an

.ipa
against the specifications declared in《Apple Developer Enterprise program》 ? By the way , Apple Bussiness Manager is not supported in my region . What a pity .