Critical alert issues cross device.

Been using critical alerts and its been working fine since setup. Currently using a service that handles the alarm sound.

Noticed that the critical alert will blast full volume even if the user was in a call which can be pretty harmful for the ear(I feel like this should not be allowed to happen and needs a fix?).

To counter this I used the notificationservice to set the volume if a phone call is detected.

This works fine except the volume itself differs alot between the models, iPhone X can be on the point to for loud for the ear if in phone call where the iPhone 8 would be close to inaudible. One way is to set volume after device but doesnt seem future proof at all.

I looked a bit at this then decided that maybe I should introduce a repetetive vibration feedback instead. Along with the sound.

So I implemented the vibration and made it vibrate 5 times to begin with. It worked with the iPhone 8, it made notification sound and vibrated but on the iPhone x it would not vibrate unless I muted it during the sound.

Tried dispatch to other thread but still did not work.

Replies

Hello! I'm in the same spot with this as you in one of the application I'm working on.
My question is: how did you detect whether you are in a call or not inside the Notification Service Extension?

Thanks and regards,
Lehel

We're also very interested how you solved this? Can you provide some sample code how to check for call status inside Notification Service Extension?