Downgrade from iOS 9 to 8.4 without losing data

Hello,

About a week ago I updated my iPhone 6 Plus to the new iOS 9 Public Beta that was released (I did not archive an iTunes back up like Apple recommended) and have had a really horrible/buggy experience and would now like to downgrade from Public iOS 9 to "regular" iOS 8.4. The only backup I have is an iOS 9 backup on my MacBook's iTunes - all of my iCloud backups were lost because of a glitch when I updated to iOS 9 (Another reason that I would like to go back to 8.4). When I put my iPhone into recovery mode to delete iOS 9 Public Beta iTunes successfully restores my iPhone to iOS 8.4 and deletes all of my data. Then when I go to set up my iPhone from an iTunes backup (I don't have any iCloud because of the glitch) it says that I can not put my iTunes backup on my iPhone because the operating systems are not the same. So...is there a way to downgrade an iOS 9 iTunes backup to work with 8.4? (I don't mind paying for a third party service) If that doesn't work/there is no way to do that I am able reinstall iOS 9 on my 6 Plus and then use my iTunes iOS 9 back up - but then I am still left with a really buggy system/experience. This leads me to my second and final question, if there is no way to downgrade an iTunes backup can I downgrade my iPhone from iOS 9 to 8.4 without losing the data? Again, I do not mind paying for a third party service if there is one. Any information is greatly appreciated. This is a very frustrating issue because an iCloud glitch caused me to lose all my 8.4 backups which would have prevented all this. All I want is an iPhone running 8.4 with all my data/latest backup on it. Please help!

Thank You

iPhone 6 Plus

Accepted Reply

There is no way of making the iOS 9 backup available to your phone running 8.4 through iTunes.

There is 3rd party software that can extract contacts, photos, etc. from a backup and then add them back to your iPhone. The two that come to mind are iMazing and iExplorer. Trial before you buy because there is no guarantee that slight changes made to the way iTunes backs up in iOS 9, hasn't broken the functionality for one or both of them.

Replies

The key point here is: I did not archive an iTunes back up like Apple recommended Now you know why they recommend it. You have two choices: Stick with the beta program with all your data intact, or go back to 8.4 with no data.

There is no way of making the iOS 9 backup available to your phone running 8.4 through iTunes.

There is 3rd party software that can extract contacts, photos, etc. from a backup and then add them back to your iPhone. The two that come to mind are iMazing and iExplorer. Trial before you buy because there is no guarantee that slight changes made to the way iTunes backs up in iOS 9, hasn't broken the functionality for one or both of them.

Try backing up iOS 9 on iCloud and restore using iCloud on 8.4