Which payment system i need to use

Hi, my name is Alexander.

I am making a veterinary application. My app will be a service, where people can have a veterinary help. We have veterinary staff, that will help our users get a consultation about their pets. In near future, we will allow our users not only to pay for online consultation with real vets, but also they will have a opportunity to buy a membership or ticket for one-off offline consultation in our vet’s center. The main question is can I use the Stripe for payments for consultation? Our app isn’t only digital service. We have real vet’s staff, that will work for our users. It is not clear for us, if we can use another payment system instead the inAppPurchase. We need to make a multiplatform app with shared subscription etc. It will be great, if we can use universal system throw all our platforms instead of 3 different payment systems.

Waiting on your answer, guys! Thanks!

Replies

To follow up with your specific question about using Stripe, there are other factors to be aware of. If people are physically coming into a facility, you can use whatever you what that conforms to local laws. But if you are accepting payments over the internet, you will still have to use systems that conform to local laws - wherever your customers happen to be. This means that you have to conform to any local privacy laws as well as collect and remit any sales taxes due. For internet purchases, Apple handles all of that for you - for a 30% cut. There are a handful of other companies that will do that non-app store sales, but literally only a handful. Their rates are much less than Apple's for noticeably less value. Just so you know.

For the "consultation with real vets" (and all real world) services you are not allowed to use IAP. For those services you may use a third party payment system in the app.

But you wrote:

>Our app isn’t only digital service.

To the extent that you are charging for any "digital service" you may need to use IAP for those payments.