Text in Button in Storyboard does not always display same of in app

Sometime when I crete a button and change the text size it displays different in the running app and in the storyboard. I change the size in the attribute inspector to say system 22. Some time it will alway display ine the storeboard as 22 but some other button wne I do this it only displays as 22 when text is selected. All attributes in the button will be the same but the two buttons show as different size text in the storyboard display. I do not understand why some buttons require selection the text to see it as it will display in the app. The app always works correctly but whne looking at it in the story board it looks wrong. When the two buttons are on the same page it is confusing. Then when I run the app they both look correct sized.

Replies

Edited for readability.

Sometime when I create a button and change the text size it displays different in the running app and in the storyboard.

Which version of XCode ?

I change the size in the attribute inspector to say system 22. Some time it will alway display ine the storeboard as 22 but some other button wne I do this it only displays as 22 when text is selected.

All attributes in the button will be the same but the two buttons show as different size text in the storyboard display.

What size does it display instead of 22 ? Smaller ? Larger ?

Have you defined constraint on the button width ?

Are the button text of same length ?

I do not understand why some buttons require selection the text to see it as it will display in the app. The app always works correctly but whne looking at it in the story board it looks wrong. When the two buttons are on the same page it is confusing. Then when I run the app they both look correct sized.

Do you mean you select the text in storyboard ?

I have never experienced such problem. I would advise you either to:

- post the whole project somewhere so that one can see what's happening

- file a bug report with the whole project attached.