Which sound library to use for zero-latency sounds?

AVAudioPlayer is the officially supported system library for playing sounds... except if you require very low-latency sounds (as the documentation itself states). So my question is: What third-party libraries for low-latency sounds are there, that are proven to be good?

Currently for a project I'm using a library named Finch, which uses OpenAL for playing sounds. I use this library for all short sounds that require zero latency, while playing background music and other large files using AVAudioPlayer.

Everything works fine... except that sometimes, completely at random, at least on a tvOS device, the OpenAL sounds just stop playing. The AVAudioPlayer sounds (like background music) still play just fine, but all sounds played through OpenAL just don't play. The problem will persist until the game is completely terminated and restarted (which 99.9% will neither think of doing, nor even know how to do), or the device rebooted (which achieves the same thing, obviously.)

This is an almost impossible situation to debug because it happens so rarely and so randomly. Once each blue moon, seemingly complete at random, the sounds just stop playing. I could try playing the game for literally hours with no problems. Then, one day, it just happens. Trying to debug this is virtually impossible.

I have absolutely no idea if the problem is in my code, the Finch library, the system's OpenAL implementation, or something else.

So I'm desperate here. My only glimmer of hope is to try some other library, and hope that it fixes the problem. But which one?

Annoyingly, trying to search for such libraries using google is almost impossible. I can't figure out which search keywords to use. All I'm getting are links to music-player apps and sound file collections.

I tried using SKAction to play sound, to see if they would be low-latency enough for the purpose. However, they are completely unreliable. I'm getting a "can't load resource" error every time I try to run such an action (a problem that many other people are having, and have asked about here and elsewhere, with no solutions.) So it appears that using SKAction to play sounds is completely out of the question. I need something else.