Galileo Support in iOS

Hi. I am a new developer in iOS. I read recently that iPhone8 and higher has a built-in support for Galileo-enabled navigation. I can't figure out how this can be used to develop application that relies specifically on those sattelites. Information that is received from Location Services is very generic, filtered and distored with other satelites and devices such as wi-fi, bluetooth etc.

Is there a way i can access hardware directly and receive raw unmodified information only from Galileo satelites? Can someone point me in a right direction?

Regards,

Dmitri.

Replies

I don't think you can get this low level information in IOS.

Can read this (old) thread.

h ttps :/ /apple.stackexchange.com/questions/24745/an-ios-gps-application-that-shows-satellite-locations-and-lock-on-details

>access hardware directly

I'd not expect to be able to accomplish that via iOS w/current SDKs, but as always, feel free to make a request via the bug reporter link, below, adding your report # to your thread for reference, thanks and good luck.

Thanks for the link to the article. I was afraid thats the case. I hope Core Location API will be extended in future, to provide raw data from satelites. I know its possible already on Android devices.

It is possible for sure. In my car, since 10 years, I can see the satellites, with their position on orbit. Not useful, but very nice.

Did you try to turn off (in settings) wifi and bluetooth ; then you will only have GPS signals (not good indoors) ; but any GPS of course.

Can read:

h tps://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/240209/are-bluetooth-and-wifi-required-for-location-based-reminders